The Veneto Region is divided into the provinces of Venezia, Padova, Verona, Vicenza, Belluno, Rovigo and Treviso. Around four and a half million inhabitants are spread between the cities, plains, lagoon, hills and mountains.
For long stretches of its history, much of the Veneto was under the control of the rich and powerful Venetian Republic, and you’ll see the city’s emblem, the winged lion of St. Mark, all around the region.
We can create thematic tours on specific architectural subjects as architecture styles, building types and methods, specific building materials, colours in architecture or transformation and conversion.
Get inspired by our suggestions:
- Renaissance architecture (Michele Sanmicheli, Jacopo Sansovino, Giovanni Maria Falconetto et al. )
- Palladian Palaces and Villas and following Palladianism (Andrea Palladio, Vincenzo Scamozzi, Ottone Calderari, Ottavio Bertotti Scamozzi, Bartolomeo Malacarne et al.)
- Baroque architecture (Baldassarre Longhena, Guarino Guarini, Carlo Borella et al.)
- Neoclassical style (Antonio Canova, Giorgio Massari, Giannantonio Selva, Giuseppe Iappelli et al.)
- Industrial Archaeology (Lanificio Rossi di Schio, Città Sociale Valdagno, Valle Mulini di Mossano et al.)
- Modern and Contemporary School, Museum, Health, Cultural, Industrial, Residential architecture (Carlo Scarpa, C+S Architetti, Emilio Ambasz, Massimiliano Fuksas, Richard Meier, Carlo dal Bianco, Elisabetta Terragni, LVL Architettura, Studio Ricatti, Renzo Piano, Daniel Libeskind, Alberto Campo Baeza, Tadao Ando, VS Associati, Mario Botta et al.)
- Co-housing and sustainable architecture ( Toti Semerano, TAM Associati et al.)
- Marble and stone in ancient, modern and contemporary architecture (Andrea Palladio, Francesco Muttoni, Paolo Portoghesi et al.)